The Australian Driver Trainers Association was founded over 20 years ago with a group of committed and focussed instructors forming an organisation which has existed under a number of guises including The Motor School Association, The Driving School Association and now The Australian Driver Trainers Association.
Our organisation birthed similar "sister" organisations across Australia which now meet many of the needs of local instructors. The national parent body, The Australian Institute of Driver Trainers, allows a flow of information between states and for a Larger and more defined footprint with state regulators.
The ADTA has a General Manager, an Administrative Manager and is governed by a board of twelve directors. Six directors are elected each year for a two year term. Any financial member can stand for election at an AGM.
Our primary roles are:
1. Information. Sharing information with members and bringing developments to the tables of instructors as they happen.
2. Advice. Offering members assistance and guidance as needed in every aspect of the task.
3. Professional Development. Running training programs for instructors on an as needed / where needed basis.
4. Advocacy. Offering a voice and a platform for members to be heard by industry as well as the regulators on a variety of issues
5. Benefits. These include buying power with vehicles and other discounts as well as an unbeatable program for Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurances.
We value each and every member we have and would love to add you to our list.